The name alone should get your taste buds jumping. This Warm Kale Quinoa Salad is a nice change up from your typical salads. I know a warm salad may sound crazy, but trust me, you’ll love this one! This salad is an absolute nutrition powerhouse. It is loaded with nutrients from so many different nutrient dense foods like mushrooms, kale, and quinoa. Eat something that tastes good and feels good.
Kale offers a host of vitamins like vitamin K, A, and C, and is a great source of folate, B vitamins, copper, manganese, and fiber. Quinoa is a complete, plant-based protein meaning it contains all the essential amino acids and is also an excellent source of manganese and phosphorous. While mushrooms are one of the greatest sources of selenium. Selenium plays a significant role in the immune system. Mushrooms are also an awesome source of antioxidants, which can help fight free radical damage. Free radical damage has been linked to various cancers, aging, and a variety of diseases.
Start this off by heating up one tablespoon of olive oil and sauté onions and mushrooms for 2-3 minutes. Then you’ll add your balsamic vinegar and cook the mushrooms for another few minutes. In a bowl, mix your cooked quinoa, raw kale, feta, and mushrooms. Finally, drizzle some lemon juice on the salad. Get in there with your hands and mix it all up. Sprinkle with salt and enjoy!
We love this spin on your average salad. Serve this up for your friends or loved ones and show them how great salads can be! How do you like all of these superfoods in one recipe? Let us know what you think in the comments below! xo
- 2 cups of button mushrooms (or your favorite type), chopped
- 1 cup of raw kale
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup of red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan, and sauté onions and mushrooms for 2-3 minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar and cook mushrooms for another 2-3 minutes with the lid on.
- In a bowl or pan, mix cooked quinoa, raw kale, feta cheese, and sautéed mushrooms.
- Drizzle lemon juice on the salad.
- Feel free to get in there with your hands to blend everything together.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Enjoy!