If you like Buffalo wings, you’ll love the flavors in this warm, hearty chili that comes together easily in the slow cooker. Sour cream helps cut the heat, but you could also use plain strained yogurt.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- ½ medium onion finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ⅓ cup Buffalo sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
Combine chicken, beans, chickpeas, tomatoes, tomato sauce, onion, broth, Buffalo sauce, oil, oregano and garlic powder in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on High for 4 hours. Remove the chicken and place on a cutting board. Let cool slightly; roughly shred with two forks and return to the slow cooker. Stir in blue cheese and sour cream.
You can find more details about this recipe at eatingwell.com.