Lindsey is the founder of Radically Fit – a gym for the LGTBQ/POC/Body Positive community based in Oakland, CA. Lindsey has been a personal trainer living and loving in Oakland for over five years. After falling in love with working out, she wanted to share that passion with anyone who wanted to find it.
As a queer woman of color, she wanted to be able to open and run a gym for the LGTBQ/POC/Body Positive community. With the help and support of her community in Oakland, this dream became a possibility and Radically Fit was born. She is so grateful to be able to serve her community by doing something she truly loves to do while reshaping people’s view of what “being fit” looks like.
In this episode, we’ll talk about:
- What drove Lindsey to open up her gym, specifically for LGBTQ people of color
- What makes Radically Fit Oakland stand out from other gyms
- The behind-the-scenes nuts & bolts of creating a safe and inclusive space
- The ideas behind the creation of Radically Fit’s community specific classes and the needs they fulfill (e.g. PHAT Yoga, BBQ, Trans/GNC mind-body alignment)
- The emotional impact of doing fitness without focusing on weight loss, and how that frees the radically fit community
- The evolution of Lindsey’s relationship to food since removing the focus on weight loss
- How those who are not fat/queer/POC can support the Radically Fit Mission
- & MORE!
SHOUT OUT TO OUR PODCAST SPONSORS:
Tired of wearing uncomfortable bras? Take Thirdlove’s online quiz to find a bra with the perfect fit and a premium feel, among more than 70 sizes – including their signature half-cup sizes! Go to ThirdLove.com/FOODHEAVEN and get 15% off your first purchase!
Curious about how CBD can help you? Need help getting deeper relaxation? Get 50% off and free shipping on your first order of any Manitoba Harvest Broad Spectrum Hemp Extract products using code FOODHEAVEN at checkout (until 8/31).
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Become a podcast sponsor:
Our podcast reaches thousands of engaged listeners each week. If you are a brand interested in becoming a sponsor, contact us to learn more about our affordable rates.
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheavenshow
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every week. In each episode, we cover tips and tricks for making lifelong sustainable healthy living changes to upgrade your diet and health. We also interview leading experts in the field of health and nutrition. We hope you enjoyed this episode, and we’ll catch you next time!