Warm up to a hearty bowl of soup made with winter vegetables and protein-rich white beans. Comforting spices like oregano and thyme build flavor, while Parmesan provides an irresistibly savory finish.
Slow-Cooker Kale & White Bean Stew
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 15 ounce cans white beans, rinsed
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 medium carrots thinly sliced
- ½ medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 cups Tuscan kale chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon za'atar Optional
- 6 slices toasted crusty bread
Combine broth, beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, carrots, onion, garlic, tomato paste, oregano, thyme and paprika in a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on High for 3 1/2 hours. Stir in kale. Cover and cook until the kale is tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in salt. Top with Parmesan and za'atar, if using. Serve with bread.
You can find more details about this recipe at eatingwell.com.
Leave a Reply