Spent the weekend eating ensalada de coditos aka Dominican style macaroni salad. My mom makes it using all raw veggies, which I love for the added flavor and crunch. This makes for a great summer salad or side to a main dish! For days when I don’t feel like cooking, I throw some tuna into this and call it a day. Recipe below. Enjoy the long weekend!! -Wendy
- ½ pound or 8 ounces of macaroni
- ½ cup mayonnaise or vegan alternative
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon salt, taste and adjust as needed
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup sweet corn, cut from the cob or canned
- Half of a red onion, finely chopped
- Black pepper, to taste
Boil macaroni in salted water until tender and drain.
Mix together the mayonnaise, mustard, and salt in a small bowl.
In a large bowl, combine macaroni with the mayonnaise mix and the remaining ingredients.
Chill before serving and enjoy with cracked black pepper.