Why do carbs and fats get so much shade? It seems like protein is always the “it” girl and in the world of nutrition misinformation, fats and carbs have historically been associated with weight gain, which has created fear around these food groups. Today we’re talking about whether or not protein provides more nutritional benefits than carbs and fats.
In This Episode We’ll Cover:
- The historical context behind the demonization of fats and carbs
- How the desire for thinness has been a driving factor behind fat/carb restriction
- Whether or not some macronutrients are more beneficial than others
- The importance and functions of each macronutrient in the body
- Foods that contain each of the macronutrients and how to put together a healthy plate + MORE!
3 Ways You Can Support This Podcast:
- Support our sponsors using our unique ‘HOOKUP’ codes here!
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Become a podcast sponsor:
Our podcast reaches thousands of engaged listeners each week. If you are a brand interested in becoming a sponsor, contact us to learn more about our affordable rates.
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheaven
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every Wednesday and each week we take a deep dive into topics like health at every size, food & culture, intuitive eating, mental health, and body acceptance. If you’re looking for a sustainable and inclusive path to wellness, come hang out with us to learn how to take care of yourself from the inside out.
Leave a Reply