Freezing the soymilk into cubes helps chill the beverage without diluting its flavor. Maple syrup and vanilla extract provide sweetness to balance the bitterness of the coffee in this refreshing drink.
4 hrs 5 mins
- 2 cups soymilk, unsweetened plain
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee, cooled
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 ½ tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate syrup for garnish
Pour soymilk into ice cube trays and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Add coffee, cocoa, maple syrup and vanilla to a high-speed blender. Blend on High until combined, about 30 seconds. Add the frozen soymilk cubes; blend on High until smooth, about 30 seconds. Drizzle chocolate syrup along inside edge of glasses, if desired. Divide between 2 glasses and serve immediately.
You can find more details about this recipe at eatingwell.com: Frozen Mocha
Leave a Reply