Now here’s a flavor pair I bet you have never thought of. This Cilantro and Sweet Potato Salad is a unique combination to switch it up from your typical seasoning methods. Using herbs like cilantro adds a huge amount of natural flavor.
Herbs, like cilantro, are often known for adding a huge kick of flavor and also having some medicinal properties. They are also known for their antioxidant properties, which can help fight off chronic diseases by fighting free radicals
Did you know that the color of the veggies indicate the types of vitamins and minerals they typically contain? The red color of sweet potatoes and tomatoes illustrate that they are a part of the carotenoid family. Carotenoids are loaded with vitamins A and C. These vitamins play many functions in our body, including supporting eye health and strong immune systems, but they also act as antioxidants.
Throwing this salad together will help your body fight off major disease and really strengthen that immune system. Toss this together by cutting up sweet potatoes into small cubes and cooking in pan with 1 cup of water until water has disappeared and sweet potatoes are tender. Check the tenderness by poking with a fork. If the fork goes through the potato with ease, then they are all ready! In a small saucepan, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and saute your garlic and onion. Add in your cilantro and garlic/onion combo to potatoes. Season with a bit salt and pepper to taste once you are all finished.
I am constantly looking for recipes to use up all of my herbs before they go bad. This is a perfect one to add to your book of recipes for unique ways to incorporate all of your herbs. What do you think about this cilantro and sweet potato union? Let us know what you think in the comments below!
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 1 /2 onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut up sweet potatoes into small cubes
- Cook in pan with 1 cup of water until water has disappeared and sweet potatoes are tender
- In a small saucepan, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil. Saute garlic and onion
- Add cilantro and garlic/onion to potatoes
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- **The nutrition label is automatically generated through a plugin. As a result, there may be some inaccuracies in label values. Please use this label as a guide to give you a general idea of the nutrition content of this recipe.