I am the queen of finely chopping things up. This salad is just that. A whole bunch of really great ingredients. Finely chopped. And mixed together. What more could you ask for? This allows for a great blend of flavors and textures. I’ve made this salad so many times for friends, and it’s always a hit. Let’s get to chopping!
We’re starting this dish off by roasting up our chickpeas. Drizzle the chickpeas with olive oil and then toss with paprika and cayenne. These spices are known as anti-inflammatory spices, so they do great things for your bod while contributing mouthwatering flavor! Next, you’ll bake the chickpeas for 30-35 minutes until crispy and brown. While that bakes, take all your other finely chopped ingredients and mix together. This will be your kale, onion, sundried tomatoes, and walnuts. Dress that baby up in some tahini, olive oil, and lemon juice and top with roasted chickpeas. Viola!
Let’s take a second to focus on chickpeas. Chickpeas are from the pulse family and as we’ve mentioned before, we love our pulses. They are a great source of plant-based protein, fiber, they have a low glycemic index (meaning they keep your blood sugars in check). They are also naturally low in fat and sodium. So adding to chickpeas to this salad rounds this meal off beautifully. They are rich in fiber, manganese, and folate. And most importantly, they add a delectable crunch to this crispy salad!
This salad is rich in color and even more rich in flavor. Plate it gorgeously and bring it as a side or enjoy it as a meal on its own. Bring to work, bring to that party, bring to your backyard BBQ; this salad is ready to go anywhere! How do you like all those crispy touches? Let us know what you think in the comments section below! Happy crunching!
- 3 cups of tuscan kale, finely chopped
- 1/4 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of tahini sauce
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup of cooked chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 450F. Place the chickpeas in a baking bowl, drizzle olive oil, and sprinkle paprika and cayenne.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until crispy and brown.
- In a bowl, combine all of the finely chopped ingredients.
- Massage the tahini sauce, olive oil, and lemon juice into the salad.
- Top with roasted chickpeas, and sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Enjoy with sliced avocado or as a side dish!