Um, yum! There are no other words for this fabulous Chipotle Veggie Salad Bowl. This dish is totally packed with flavors that are going to send you straight to food heaven (see what I did there). Not only does it taste amazing, but your body will thank you for it.
As you may have noticed, we love beans! They are loaded with protein and fiber to give you a healthy dose of nutrients from just one of these tiny little guys. Protein and fiber help to promote satiety, aka: keep you full for hours so you’re not pigging out later on. This is also loaded with healthy veggies to give you a full meal packed with vitamins and minerals from those plants.
In a bowl, you’re going to prep the salsa. Chop tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, and orange slices and combine all of the ingredients in a separate bowl. Feel free to shake this up a bit to let all of the ingredients really marinate together to get the most flavor. Next, heat your olive oil and saute onions, peppers, and garlic for about 3-4 minutes. Add your chili powder and cook for another few minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside. In the same pan, add one tablespoon of water, beans, and cumin. Cook this up for about five minutes or until the beans are fragrant. Combine everything in a bowl with lettuce. Top it off with some salsa and enjoy!
This one is fun because you can add whatever else you would like! Throw in some avocado or top with a tablespoon of plain greek yogurt as a replacement for sour cream. Have some fun with it! What do you think of our twist on a Chipotle classic? Let us know what you think in the comments below!
- 2 cups of romaine lettuce
- 1 cup of pinto beans
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1/2 cup of sliced red onions and bell peppers
- 3 cloves of sliced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of chopped red onions
- 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
- juice of two orange slices
- In a bowl, combine the salsa ingredients and set aside.
- Heat oil and sauté onions, peppers and garlic for 3-4 minutes. Add chili powder and cook for another couple of minutes. Remove from the pan, and set aside.
- In the same pan, add 1 tablespoon of water, beans, and cumin. Cook for 5 minutes or until beans become fragrant.
- Combine lettuce with cooked ingredients.
- Top with homemade salsa.
- Optional: Add your favorite salad dressing for more flavor.
- **The nutrition label is automatically generated through a plugin. As a result, there may be some inaccuracies in label values. Please use this label as a guide to give you a general idea of the nutrition content of this recipe.