There’s so much information circulating about supplements and home remedies to ward off COVID-19. Today we’re talking with dietitian Alice Figueroa to sort through some of this information, and will cover everything from elderberry to clorox gargling. Alice holds an honors degree in International Relations with a focus on healthcare policy from Tulane University.
She is also an award winning Natural Foods Chef recognized with a James Beard Foundation National Scholar Award and The Italian Culinary Institute for Foreigners Tony May Award. Throughout her career, she has conducted health research and developed bilingual nutrition education programs for underserved communities in Guatemala, South Africa, Brooklyn, Harlem, and the Bronx.
Tune in to learn more about:
- The science behind popular supplements like Vitamin C, D, Zinc, and Elderberry as it relates to immune support
- What factors influence our immune response, and why boosting our immune system isn’t necessarily a good idea
- Our evidence based review of the alkaline diet. Should we be eating more alkaline foods?
- Things you can do to support your health and sanity during these chaotic times + MORE!
3 ways you can support this podcast:
- Support our sponsors using our unique ‘HOOKUP’ codes below
- Go to StoryWorth.com/foodheaven for $10 off your first purchase!
- Alice’s website
- Alice’s Univision article
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Become a podcast sponsor:
Our podcast reaches thousands of engaged listeners each week. If you are a brand interested in becoming a sponsor, contact us to learn more about our affordable rates.
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheaven
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every Wed and each week we take a deep dive into topics like health at every size, food & culture, intuitive eating, mental health, and body acceptance. If you’re looking for a sustainable and inclusive path to wellness, come hang out with us to learn how to take care of yourself from the inside out.
Leave a Reply