Have you heard of the quarantine 15? It refers to weight gain during the COVID-19 pandemic, and lots of people have been concerned about it (queue the quarantine fitness challenges and weight loss plans) It doesn’t help that the media has been suggesting that people at higher weights are at a higher risk for COVID-related hospitalizations and ICU admissions.
Today we’re diving into this topic and will get into:
- The importance of challenging COVID weight gain concerns
- Why the research suggesting people at higher weights are at higher risk is flawed
- How race, socioeconomic status, and pre-existing conditions can impact COVID health outcomes
- The role body respect and neutrality can play in preserving your sanity during this time
- & MORE!
2 ways you can support this podcast:
- Christy’s article COVID19 Does Not Discriminate by Body Weight
- Linda Bacon’s Health At Every Size Manifesto
- Linda Bacon’s Health At Every Size book
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Become a podcast sponsor:
Our podcast reaches thousands of engaged listeners each week. If you are a brand interested in becoming a sponsor, contact us to learn more about our affordable rates.
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheaven
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every Wed and each week we take a deep dive into topics like health at every size, food & culture, intuitive eating, mental health, and body acceptance. If you’re looking for a sustainable and inclusive path to wellness, come hang out with us to learn how to take care of yourself from the inside out.
Leave a Reply