We’re bringing you a homemade Vegan Cashew Sour Cream to top these Loaded Vegan Summer Nachos with. You can also add this on to your taco Tuesday, or use it as a healthy dip for your veggies! You don’t need to be a vegan to enjoy this recipe. It is super nutritious while still providing that creamy touch.
Cashews are super tasty and highly nutritious. They contain potassium, magnesium, and iron to keep you feeling your best. Iron carries oxygen throughout our body to all of our cells, muscles, and even our brain. Getting enough iron in your diet can help stave off that feeling of fatigue to keep you energized all day long. This recipe is a great way to get more plant-based foods into your meals. By replacing the sour cream with this cashew-based version, you’ll be getting loads of heart-healthy fats into your meals.
Let’s get started on our recipe! Once the cashews are soaked after about 2-3 hours, drain the water, and blend them with fresh water, apple cider vinegar, and lime juice. Add some salt, to taste, and place in the fridge, in an airtight container, for a few hours so it can firm up a bit. Enjoy with nachos, baked potatoes, vegetables, and more!
Super simple, right? Interested in giving this a shot? Let us know how it comes out in the comments below!
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in water for 2-3 hours
- 1/2c water
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt, to taste
- One the cashews are soaked, drain the water, and blend them with fresh water, apple cider, and lime juice.
- Add salt, to taste, and place in the fridge, in an airtight container, for a few hours so it can firm up a bit
- Enjoy with nachos, baked potatoes, vegetables, and more!
- 1 serving=1 tablespoon