When it comes to eating healthy, the recommendations from nutritionists and health care providers often ignore accessibility to nutritious food. The truth is, racism and poverty significantly impact access to affordable and quality foods. In today’s episode, we address food insecurity and provide methods that might be helpful for eating healthier with limited access.
In This Episode We’ll Cover:
- Ways to eat healthier with limited food access
- How to save money when shopping on a budget
- Useful community resources like farmers markets and food assistance programs
- SELF Food Access Article: https://www.self.com/story/healthy-eating-and-food-access
- Food Network Food Access Article: https://www.foodnetwork.com/healthyeats/healthy-tips/how-to-eat-healthy-with-limited-food-access
3 Ways You Can Support This Podcast:
- Support our sponsors using our unique ‘HOOKUP’ codes below
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Become a podcast sponsor:
Our podcast reaches thousands of engaged listeners each week. If you are a brand interested in becoming a sponsor, contact us to learn more about our affordable rates.
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheaven
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every Wednesday and each week we take a deep dive into topics like health at every size, food & culture, intuitive eating, mental health, and body acceptance. If you’re looking for a sustainable and inclusive path to wellness, come hang out with us to learn how to take care of yourself from the inside out.