Comfort meets vegan in this creamy red pepper pasta you’ll want to make over and over again. Put on your warm socks, grab your favorite book (currently obsessed with “Close to Okay” by Leesa Cross-Smith) and grab a glass of red wine to go with this meal.
This Creamy Red Pepper Pasta gets its richness from @planetoat’s Unsweetened Original Oatmilk. We love using it in recipes because it tastes great and also gives dishes an extra layer of creaminess. Added bonus: their plant-based milks are an excellent source of vitamins A & D. We topped it with citrusy white beans for added protein.
Trust me when I say you will LOVE this one. Here’s what you gotta do:
- 8 oz. pasta of choice cooked al dente
- 2 bell peppers
- 1/2 cup cashews optional to leave out if you’re allergic
- 1/2 cup Planet Oat Unsweetened Original Oatmilk
- 1/4 cup tbsp tomato sauce or marinara sauce of choice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt + more to taste if needed
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small zucchinis
- 1 14 oz. can of cannellini beans tossed with 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1/4 tsp oregano, and salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 425 F.
Cook pasta of choice al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water and set aside.
Cut bell peppers in half and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle or brush with olive oil. Roast for 20 minutes.
Peel the skin off the bell peppers and add the bell peppers to a blender. Blend with Planet Oat Unsweetened Original Oatmilk, tomato sauce, lemon juice, red chili flakes, salt, and optional cashews.
Sauté 2 small zucchinis in a little olive oil for about 5 minutes or until they brown. Add the pasta cooked al dente, followed by the sauce. If you feel like the pasta needs to be saucier, make sure to add the reserved pasta water a little bit at a time.
Mix the cannellini beans with lemon juice, oregano, salt, and pepper. Microwave for about 20 seconds before tossing them into the pasta.