What have you heard about MSG? There’s a lot of myths and stereotypes surrounding this flavor enhancer. Chances are, much of what you may have learned about MSG is wrong. Today on the podcast, we are dispelling myths and unveiling the toxic and racist history behind MSG. Our expert for this episode is none other than Kim Phạm (@kim_tpham) a self-proclaimed “internet weirdo” and co-founder of @Omsom, a proud + loud Asian food brand that makes it easy to cook restaurant-quality Asian dishes at home in under 30 minutes.
In This Episode We’ll Cover:
- What inspired Kim and her sister to start Omsom
- What is MSG and how it’s made
- Kim’s personal connection to MSG
- What taste to expect from MSG and how to use it in cooking
- The historical context behind the anti MSG movement and how it’s rooted in xenophobia
- Some of the unexpected health benefits of MSG
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Become a podcast sponsor:
Our podcast reaches thousands of engaged listeners each week. If you are a brand interested in becoming a sponsor, contact us to learn more about our affordable rates.
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheaven
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every Wednesday and each week we take a deep dive into topics like health at every size, food & culture, intuitive eating, mental health, and body acceptance. If you’re looking for a sustainable and inclusive path to wellness, come hang out with us to learn how to take care of yourself from the inside out.