Recently one of Wendy’s BFFs posted a photo of a meal online and she was instantly food shamed.
One of her followers quickly chastised her for not being vegan and went on to say that her way of eating was unhealthy and that she was basically setting herself up for a life of chronic disease. As dietitians, we wanted to take a stand when it comes to the rampant food shaming that is happening both online and in real life. In this episode, we dissect what food shaming looks like, why it doesn’t work and what to do instead.
In this episode, we will cover:
- What is food shaming and why it’s so unhelpful when it comes to helping others eat healthier
- Some of examples of food shaming that we have encountered (including the What the Health documentary)
- How to make sure YOU are not a food shamer, and what to do differently if you are
- How to actually help family, friends and loved ones improve their diets in a way that’s empowering to them
How to submit a question:
It’s easy! Simply record your question on the voice memo of your phone and email it to us at [email protected]. We’ll try our best to answer your question on an upcoming episode (and we’ll be sure to email you when we feature your question).
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheaven
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every week. In each episode, we cover tips and tricks for making lifelong sustainable healthy living changes to upgrade your diet and health. We also interview leading experts in the field of health and nutrition. We hope you enjoyed this episode, and we’ll catch you next time!