How much water do you drink a day? How do you figure out how much is enough? We’re always being told 8 cups a day is the golden rule for hydration, but does that apply to everyone? Speaking from experience, I would be running to the bathroom every 2 seconds if I drank 8 cups a day. Today we’re digging a little deeper with Whitley Atkins, who conducts research in thermoregulation and hydration. Scroll down to see what we’re talking about!
In this episode, we’ll talk about:
- Whitleys very simple (and scientific) strategy for determining your hydration needs
- The signs and symptoms of poor hydration (there are more than you think)
- The surprising truth about whether or not coffee is ACTUALLY a diuretic
- Why the 64 ounces of water per day equation doesn’t work for everyone
- Whether or not feeling thirsty means “it’s too late” when it comes to dehydration
- If it’s EVER possible for thirst to be mistaken for hunger
- Practical things you can start doing TODAY to get more hydration
- & MORE!
SHOUT OUT TO OUR PODCAST SPONSORS
Beauty Counter’s mission is to get safer products into the hands of everyone. Through March 15, you can get FREE SHIPPING on your first purchase of $100 or more at BEAUTYCOUNTER.COM with promo code FOODHEAVEN
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Become a podcast sponsor:
Our podcast reaches thousands of engaged listeners each week. If you are a brand interested in becoming a sponsor, contact us to learn more about our affordable rates.
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheaven
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every week. In each episode, we cover tips and tricks for making lifelong sustainable healthy living changes to upgrade your diet and health. We also interview leading experts in the field of health and nutrition. We hope you enjoyed this episode, and we’ll catch you next time!
Leave a Reply