How do you figure out what nutrition information to trust? The rise of social media has opened the floodgates to health and nutrition recommendations that are oftentimes not credible. As a result, there’s mass confusion and fear about what to eat. On today’s episode, we’re talking with registered dietitian Bonnie Taub-Dix about strategies to remove fear from food, what to consider when determining if nutrition info is credible, PLUS what red flags to look out for when checking for credibility!
In this episode, we’ll talk about:
- Strategies to remove the element of fear from food
- Why getting your nutrition advice from influencers with no formal training is problematic
- Things to consider when figuring out who/what information is credible
- Red flags that may indicate that the recommendations you’re getting are probably not by a credible source
- & MORE!
- Instagram – Bonnie’s IG platform
- Her Weekly News Digest
- Read It Before You Eat It – Taking You from Label to Table
- I Don’t Know Who Needs to Hear This But You Shouldn’t Get Your Nutrition Info From Influencers
SHOUT OUT TO OUR PODCAST SPONSORS
Beauty Counter’s mission is to get safer products into the hands of everyone. For a limited time, new customers get 10% off your first purchase of $100 or more when you use the promo code FOODHEAVEN at beautycounter.com
Looking for an easy way to take quality CBD? Premium CBD by Feals will keep your head clear and help you feel your best. Become a member today at feals.com/FOODHEAVEN and get 50% off your first order.
Hydrant creates flavored electrolyte packets that help you stay hydrated all day long. For 25% off your first order, go to DrinkHydrant.com and enter promo code FOODHEAVEN at checkout.
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Become a podcast sponsor:
Our podcast reaches thousands of engaged listeners each week. If you are a brand interested in becoming a sponsor, contact us to learn more about our affordable rates.
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheaven
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every week. In each episode, we cover tips and tricks for making lifelong sustainable healthy living changes to upgrade your diet and health. We also interview leading experts in the field of health and nutrition. We hope you enjoyed this episode, and we’ll catch you next time!
Leave a Reply