Whenever you see a book or popular documentary on minimalism, there is usually a white face behind it. Minimalism has almost become synonymous with whiteness (literally and figuratively) in our culture. Today we talk with Christine Platt the @afrominimalist about how to reclaim minimalism in the Black community and ultimately live more with less. Christine’s most recent book, The Afrominimalist’s Guide To Living With Less, is a radical re-envisioning of minimalism that focuses on authenticity over aesthetics.
In This Episode We’ll Cover:
- How to get to the root of your overconsumption
- Why minimalism should center authenticity over aesthetics
- How to practice minimalism without making it a full-time job
- Can you shop on Amazon and still be a minimalist?
- How spending habits are a reflection of how we were raise & MORE
3 Ways You Can Support This Podcast:
- Support our sponsors using our unique ‘HOOKUP’ codes here!
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Become a podcast sponsor:
Our podcast reaches thousands of engaged listeners each week. If you are a brand interested in becoming a sponsor, contact us to learn more about our affordable rates.
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheaven
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every Wednesday and each week we take a deep dive into topics like health at every size, food & culture, intuitive eating, mental health, and body acceptance. If you’re looking for a sustainable and inclusive path to wellness, come hang out with us to learn how to take care of yourself from the inside out.
Leave a Reply