With our limited contact with other humans over the past 2 years due to this never ending pandemic, it has seriously stunting our social skills and ramping up our anxieties about re-entering the post-pandemic world. Today on the podcast we have a chat with Dr. Angela Neal-Barnette, or Dr. Angela, as she liked to be called, who is a national award-winning psychologist, professor at Kent State University, and the leading expert on anxiety disorders among Black Americans. With her, we get to the root of the issue, and she provides us with coping mechanisms and strategies to make the re-entering into the post-covid world less intimidating.
In This Episode We’ll Cover:
- How face coverings have affected social interaction
- Anxiety vs. Social Anxiety
- Small Talk
- Treatment Suggestions/Options
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy
3 Ways You Can Support This Podcast:
- Support our sponsors using our unique ‘HOOKUP’ codes below
- Celebrate International Women’s Month with outdoor sneakers designed just for you at Merrell.com
- Visit UOMAbeauty.com/FOODHEAVEN to get 20% off site wide!
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Become a podcast sponsor:
Our podcast reaches thousands of engaged listeners each week. If you are a brand interested in becoming a sponsor, contact us to learn more about our affordable rates.
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheaven
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every Wednesday and each week we take a deep dive into topics like health at every size, food & culture, intuitive eating, mental health, and body acceptance. If you’re looking for a sustainable and inclusive path to wellness, come hang out with us to learn how to take care of yourself from the inside out.
Leave a Reply