Social media and influencer culture has given rise to SO many online scams, from detox supplements to pyramid schemes. Today we talk with journalist Symeon Brown about how social media has been shifting culture, beauty standards and what people are defining as success. Symeon Brown is a reporter and journalist and was nominated for a 2019 Orwell Prize and shortlisted for a 2018 British Journalism Award.
In This Episode We’ll Cover:
- The ways in which social media creates a false sense of reality
- How wellness quickly turns into scam culture online
- The intersections of social justice and influencer culture
- Whether or not venmo/cashapp donations are problematic
- Healthier ways to engage with social media + MORE!
3 Ways You Can Support This Podcast:
- Support our sponsors using our unique ‘HOOKUP’ codes here!
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Become a podcast sponsor:
Our podcast reaches thousands of engaged listeners each week. If you are a brand interested in becoming a sponsor, contact us to learn more about our affordable rates.
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheaven
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every Wednesday and each week we take a deep dive into topics like health at every size, food & culture, intuitive eating, mental health, and body acceptance. If you’re looking for a sustainable and inclusive path to wellness, come hang out with us to learn how to take care of yourself from the inside out.