And we’re back! We’re kicking off the new season with a very special guest joining us…Tamara Melton. Tamara Melton is an RDN and the co-founder of Diversify Dietetics, a nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing racial and ethnic diversity in the field of nutrition and dietetics.
She’s been practicing as a dietitian for over a decade. She also works for Morrison Healthcare as the Director of Health Informatics and teaches nutrition at Georgia State University. Today we’re talking with Tamara about the importance of diversifying the nutrition and wellness space, and also about her experiences as a black woman within the field of nutrition.
In this episode, we’ll talk about:
- Tamara’s experience being a black woman in the nutrition & wellness world
- How to educate people about food and culture ways that are effective
- The importance of cultural representation through food
- The inspiration behind Diversify Dietetics
- Diversify Dietetics Facebook Page, Diversify Dietetics Instagram,
- Tamara’s Instagram
- Twitter at @diversifyRDN and @tamarameltonRDN
- Diversify Dietetics
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Become a podcast sponsor:
Our podcast reaches thousands of engaged listeners each week. If you are a brand interested in becoming a sponsor, contact us to learn more about our affordable rates.
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheavenshow
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every week. In each episode, we cover tips and tricks for making lifelong sustainable healthy living changes to upgrade your diet and health. We also interview leading experts in the field of health and nutrition. We hope you enjoyed this episode, and we’ll catch you next time!