Today we’re chatting with our good friend Kevin Curry about the ups and downs of being a black food blogger. Kevin started Fit Men Cook over 8 years ago, and has developed a loyal community of over 1 million followers online. Today we’ll be diving into all the behind the scenes tea, from recipes to dating in quarantine.
In This Episode We’ll Cover:
- Our experiences getting paid less than our white counterparts to do the same work
- Frustrations of being a black person in a predominately white food industry
- Transitioning your brand from a passion project into a business
- Where Kevin gets recipe inspo from
- What Kevin’s DM’s are looking like (wink, wink) & MORE!
Shout to to this weeks sponsors:
• Urban Movie: Visit UMC.TV and use code FOODHEAVEN for an extended 30-day free trial. After that, it’s just $4.99 per month.
• Buffy: For $20 off your Buffy comforter, visit Buffy.co and enter code FOODHEAVEN
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Become a podcast sponsor:
Our podcast reaches thousands of engaged listeners each week. If you are a brand interested in becoming a sponsor, contact us to learn more about our affordable rates.
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheaven
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every Wed and each week we take a deep dive into topics like health at every size, food & culture, intuitive eating, mental health, and body acceptance. If you’re looking for a sustainable and inclusive path to wellness, come hang out with us to learn how to take care of yourself from the inside out.