Death and grief…something we all experience, yet also a conversation many of us avoid. In the wake of uncertainty with COVID-19 and people potentially losing loved ones, it felt timely to have an honest and layered conversation about death. We spoke with our good friend Ashley, about her personal experience grieving the loss of her mother, and her professional work as a nurse dealing with death and grief.
In this episode, we’ll talk about:
- If it’s possible to emotionally prepare for death
- Why it’s so taboo to talk about death in the United States
- Practical things that are oftentimes overlooked in preparing for death
- The difference between palliative and hospice care
- Her personal experience in dealing with grief
- Some excellent suggestions preserving the memory of a loved one
- & MORE!
- Go Wish card game
- Advanced Directives (google for each state)
- Extremis Netflix doc
- Terrible, Thanks for Asking podcast
SHOUT OUT TO OUR PODCAST SPONSORS
Hydrant creates flavored electrolyte packets that help you stay hydrated all day long. For 25% off your first order, go to DrinkHydrant.com and enter promo code FOODHEAVEN at checkout.
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Become a podcast sponsor:
Our podcast reaches thousands of engaged listeners each week. If you are a brand interested in becoming a sponsor, contact us to learn more about our affordable rates.
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheaven
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every week. In each episode, we cover tips and tricks for making lifelong sustainable healthy living changes to upgrade your diet and health. We also interview leading experts in the field of health and nutrition. We hope you enjoyed this episode, and we’ll catch you next time!