If you have been browsing around the gram lately, you’ve likely come across the #bodypositivity movement. While we are huge advocates for body acceptance, we understand that some people may have questions about what that means and looks like.
Here to speak on her experiences about reshaping wellness to include every BODY is Amber Karnes, founder of Body Positive Yoga. She’s a yoga Asana teacher and social justice advocate. Her commitment to accessible, adaptive yoga practice empowers thousands of diverse practitioners around the globe.
She is the creator of the Body Positive Clubhouse, an online community using tools of yoga and feminism to help people build unshakable confidence. In this episode of the Food Heaven Podcast, we talk to Amber about yoga, body acceptance (and body neutrality), food, and more!
In this episode, we’ll cover:
- Amber’s introduction to yoga and her experiences within the wellness space as a woman in a larger body
- Amber’s journey into body acceptance
- The inspiration behind creating Body Positive Yoga
- The difference between body positivity, body acceptance, and body neutrality
- Practical ways to incorporate acceptance and inclusivity in yoga teaching
- and MORE!
- Body Positive Yoga website
- Body Positive Clubhouse (membership community)
- Body Positive Rebellion (free course on body positivity and confidence)
- Shore Up (free course in self-care)
- 7 day yoga exploration (free course)
- Yoga For All (online teacher training)
- Instagram | Facebook | YouTube
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Become a podcast sponsor:
Our podcast reaches thousands of engaged listeners each week. If you are a brand interested in becoming a sponsor, contact us to learn more about our affordable rates.
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheavenshow
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every week. In each episode, we cover tips and tricks for making lifelong sustainable healthy living changes to upgrade your diet and health. We also interview leading experts in the field of health and nutrition. We hope you enjoyed this episode, and we’ll catch you next time!