If going overboard with pumpkin spice in the fall makes me a basic betch, I’ll take it! After the year we’ve all had, my favorite flavors can’t come soon enough 🎃🎃🎃! To me, fall = colorful leaves, cool air and LOTS of delicious and warm, hearty flavors.
Enter these baked vegan donuts. MY GOD they are so good. I’ve been making this classic baked vegan recipe for years, and added the pumpkin spice spin on it for this version. BTW I have been loving using @planetoat Extra Creamy Oatmilk #ad in my baking recipes these days, not only is it delicious but it also gives my recipes that extra creamy texture we all love. Today I’m sharing one of my favorites, Baked Vegan Pumpkin Donuts!
This bold combo of cinnamon and nutmeg combined with the naturally sweet, extra creamy Oatmilk makes for a delectable treat for your taste buds.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp Planet Oat Extra Creamy Oatmilk
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 TSP vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted and cooled
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Planet Oat Extra Creamy Oatmilk
- 1 tbsp maple sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Add Planet Oat Oatmilk and apple cider vinegar to a bowl. Set aside for at least 5 minutes.
3. Add all dry ingredients to a mixing bowl.
4. Add pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, and coconut oil to the bowl with the milk.
5. Pour wet ingredients over the dry ingredients. Mix together for a minute, making sure not to overmix.
6. Grease the donut pan and use ~ 1/4 cup of the batter for each donut.
7. Bake for 20-22 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the donuts sit in the pan for 5 minutes before taking them out.
8. Whisk together all the ingredients for the glaze until it’s smooth! Dip one side of each donut in the glaze. Let the glaze settle a bit and enjoy!