Binge Eating Disorder (BED) is an eating disorder that we haven’t covered here on the podcast but that we see a lot with our patients. BED is more common than many people think, so we are excited to talk to one of the leading BED experts, Melainie Rogers, today.
Melainie is a Certified Eating Disorder Registered Dietitian and Supervisor. As a recognized expert on eating disorders, she is dedicated to supporting others in their quest to achieve long-term recovery. She is the Founder and Executive Director of BALANCE, an eating disorder treatment center,™ and Melainie Rogers Nutrition, LLC, which are both located in NYC. In this episode, we talk to Melainie about what binge eating disorder is, who it affects, tips for being more mindful eaters, and more!
In this episode, we’ll talk about:
- What Binge Eating Disorder (BED) is
- How BED is diagnosed
- The key differences between physiological bingeing & emotional bingeing
- Who is affected by BED
- The relationship between sleep and binge eating
- What to do if you believe you or someone you know has an eating disorder
- 3 simple tips for being more mindful eaters
- BALANCE eating disorder treatment center website
- BALANCE Facebook page, BALANCE instagram
- Twitter at @BALANCEedtc and @MelainieRogers
- National Eating Disorder Association (NEDA) website
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Become a podcast sponsor:
Our podcast reaches thousands of engaged listeners each week. If you are a brand interested in becoming a sponsor, contact us to learn more about our affordable rates.
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheavenshow
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every week. In each episode, we cover tips and tricks for making lifelong sustainable healthy living changes to upgrade your diet and health. We also interview leading experts in the field of health and nutrition. We hope you enjoyed this episode, and we’ll catch you next time!