Today is a huge day for the Food Heaven podcast because we are chatting with one of the most important people in the HAES movement: Dr. Lindo Bacon.
This week we chat with Dr. Bacon, about why all bodies are good bodies and should be supported in compassionate self-care. Dr. Bacon is a professor at UC Davis, a nutritionist, researcher, and author of two bestselling books, Health at Every Size: The Surprising Truth About Your Weight, and the co-authored Body Respect: What Conventional Health Books Get Wrong, Leave Out, or Just Plain Fail to Understand about Weight.
Listen as we chat with Lindo about the science behind why diets don’t work and how we can make peace with our bodies.
In This Episode We’ll Cover:
- Lindo’s realization that weight loss is culturally perpetuated by society & media
- Truths about weight loss and dieting
- How struggles with body image and weight are based on seeking happiness and self-acceptance
- How Lindo believes that feeling better should be more of the goal instead of weight loss
- What a setpoint is & MORE!
3 Ways You Can Support This Podcast:
- Support our sponsors using our unique ‘HOOKUP’ codes below
- Talk Space: Visit talkspace.com and get $100 off your first month with the promo code FOODHEAVEN
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Become a podcast sponsor:
Our podcast reaches thousands of engaged listeners each week. If you are a brand interested in becoming a sponsor, contact us to learn more about our affordable rates.
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheaven
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every Wednesday and each week we take a deep dive into topics like health at every size, food & culture, intuitive eating, mental health, and body acceptance. If you’re looking for a sustainable and inclusive path to wellness, come hang out with us to learn how to take care of yourself from the inside out.