Do you think body acceptance has reached the black community? Today we’re talking with Tamara Melton, Registered Dietitian and co-founder of Diversify Dietetics on the topic of Black Beauty Standards, and how society influences how the self-worth of Black women. We talk about everything from hair texture to skin tone to flat tummy tea to juice cleanses, waist trainers and the infamous “snap back”.
In This Episode We’ll Cover:
• Body ideals and how society’s standards influences how we view ourselves
• How the over sexualization of young black girls bodies negatively impacts body image
• Why the pressure to “snap back” is more damaging than we think
• Strategies for celebrating your here and now body
• & MORE
3 Ways You Can Support This Podcast:
• Support our sponsors using our unique ‘HOOKUP’ codes below
• Talkspace: Match with a licensed therapist when you go to talkspace.com and get $100 off your first month with the promo code FOODHEAVEN
• Made In: madeincookware.com/foodheaven code FOODHEAVEN for 15% off
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Become a podcast sponsor:
Our podcast reaches thousands of engaged listeners each week. If you are a brand interested in becoming a sponsor, contact us to learn more about our affordable rates.
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheaven
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every Wednesday and each week we take a deep dive into topics like health at every size, food & culture, intuitive eating, mental health, and body acceptance. If you’re looking for a sustainable and inclusive path to wellness, come hang out with us to learn how to take care of yourself from the inside out.
Leave a Reply