Today on the final episode of season 5 of the Food Heaven Podcast, we are talking about something that is often overlooked and that’s making fitness enjoyable and exercising from a place of self-love vs a war against your body to change it. Joining us today is Les Alfred. Les is the founder of Balanced Black Girl, an online community dedicated to helping women of color live their healthiest lives. She started her first blog The Balanced Berry in 2014 to share what wellness looks like in real life. After four years of sharing recipes and workouts on The Balanced Berry, Les is excited to focus more on amplifying women of color in the online wellness space through the Balanced Black Girl podcast.
In this episode, we’ll cover:
- Les’s journey into the fitness space
- Why strength training is important
- How women can incorporate more strength training into their routine
- The role of rest in fitness training
- Body acceptance and positivity
- Balanced Black Girl website
- Balanced Black Girl Podcast
- Balanced Black Girl twitter
- BalancedLes twitter
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Become a podcast sponsor:
Our podcast reaches thousands of engaged listeners each week. If you are a brand interested in becoming a sponsor, contact us to learn more about our affordable rates.
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheavenshow
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every week. In each episode, we cover tips and tricks for making lifelong sustainable healthy living changes to upgrade your diet and health. We also interview leading experts in the field of health and nutrition. We hope you enjoyed this episode, and we’ll catch you next time!