There’s a lot of fear and stigma around getting old, even though it’s something most of us will experience. From the endless anti-wrinkle products to the fear of dementia, aging is usually not embraced in our society. Today we’ll be talking with gerontologist Christina Peoples, who holds a master’s degree in gerontology. She has an online platform dedicated to providing education on aging, called Gero What.
In This Episode We’ll Cover:
- What the study of gerontology is and how it’s useful in everyday life
- Ageism, age denial, and why these things can be problematic
- Common myths and stereotypes about aging
- Practical ways to prepare for aging + MORE!
- The National Council on Aging
- The National Institute on Aging
- Area Agency on Aging
- Dating While Gray Podcast
- Christina’s website
2 Ways You Can Support This Podcast:
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Become a podcast sponsor:
Our podcast reaches thousands of engaged listeners each week. If you are a brand interested in becoming a sponsor, contact us to learn more about our affordable rates.
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheaven
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every Wednesday and each week we take a deep dive into topics like health at every size, food & culture, intuitive eating, mental health, and body acceptance. If you’re looking for a sustainable and inclusive path to wellness, come hang out with us to learn how to take care of yourself from the inside out.