Today we’re talking with Ellie Krieger, a leading go-to nutritionist in the media today, helping people find the sweet spot where “delicious” and “healthy” meet. She is the host and executive producer of the cooking series “Ellie’s Real Good Food” on Public Television, and the host of “Healthy Appetite” on the Food Network.
She is a New York Times bestselling, IACP and two-time James Beard Foundation award winning author of six cookbooks, and her next book Whole in One: Complete, Healthy Meals in a Single Pot, Skillet or Sheet Pan is being released now in October 2019!
Ellie is also a weekly columnist for The Washington Post and has been a columnist for Fine Cooking, Food Network magazine and USA Today. A registered dietitian who earned her bachelors in clinical nutrition from Cornell and her masters in nutrition education from Teacher’s College, Columbia University, Ellie has been at the forefront of First Lady Michelle Obama’s “Let’s Move” campaign from the beginning when Mrs. Obama’s team invited her to head up a nutrition education initiative at a Healthy Kids Fair on the White House lawn.
In this episode, we’ll talk about:
- Ellie’s favorite ways to make cooking fun and exciting when you’re bored with the same meals
- The “usually ,sometimes, rarely” food philosophy
- How to get family members to try new dishes
- How to get flavors to “pop” in meals
- 3 things people can do today to eat more delicious, balanced food
- & MORE!
- Ellie’s new book: Whole In One: Complete, Healthy Meals in a Single Pot, Skillet or Sheet Pan
- Ellie’s online cooking class: Flavor Comes First: Healthy Meals That Taste Delicious
- Ellie’s Kitchen Hacks video
SHOUT OUT TO OUR PODCAST SPONSORS
Want to learn how to make smarter money decisions? Schedule a free 20 minute consultation with The Financial Gym over at financialgym.com/foodheaven & get 20% off your monthly membership when you sign up.
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Become a podcast sponsor:
Our podcast reaches thousands of engaged listeners each week. If you are a brand interested in becoming a sponsor, contact us to learn more about our affordable rates.
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheaven
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every week. In each episode, we cover tips and tricks for making lifelong sustainable healthy living changes to upgrade your diet and health. We also interview leading experts in the field of health and nutrition. We hope you enjoyed this episode, and we’ll catch you next time!