Angela Garbes is a journalist and the author of Like a Mother: A Feminist Journey Through the Science and Culture of Pregnancy. It was named the 2018 Best Book of the Year by NPR. Angela was the former staff food writer at Seattle newsweekly and The Stranger, and her work has been featured in the New York Times, New York Magazine, The Cut and NPR. Many of you mamas have told us about your struggles with body changes after pregnancy, which is something Angela has lots of experience with, so today we’re going to dive into this topic.
In this episode, we’ll talk about:
- Angela’s career in journalism
- The lack of diversity in books, resources, and publications on motherhood
- The connection between postpartum body issues and disordered eating
- Navigating weight changes during pregnancy
- How to practice body acceptance and neutrality during postpartum body changes
- & MORE!
- Like a Mother: A Feminist Journey Through the Science and Culture of Pregnancy
SHOUT OUT TO OUR PODCAST SPONSORS
FabFitFun is a seasonal subscription box with full-size beauty, fitness, fashion, and lifestyle products. Use coupon code “FOODHEAVEN” for $10 off your first box at www.fabfitfun.com
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Become a podcast sponsor:
Our podcast reaches thousands of engaged listeners each week. If you are a brand interested in becoming a sponsor, contact us to learn more about our affordable rates.
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheaven
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every week. In each episode, we cover tips and tricks for making lifelong sustainable healthy living changes to upgrade your diet and health. We also interview leading experts in the field of health and nutrition. We hope you enjoyed this episode, and we’ll catch you next time!
Leave a Reply