Do you have bloating, indigestion, irregular bowel movements, abdominal puffiness or digestive discomfort? Then this episode is for you. We interview Danielle Capalino, MSPH, RD, a digestive health Registered Dietitian who recently authored the books, Healthy Gut, Flat Stomach and The Microbiome Diet Plan. We talk about how you can FINALLY get relief for all of your digestive troubles using the low FODMAPS elimination diet plan. Listen in and make sure to share with a friend who can use this helpful information. Got a burning nutrition question you want answered? Record it here.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why a healthy gut is SO important
- How Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is diagnosed
- What exactly FODMAPS is and how it can help with IBS
- What are common myths and misconceptions when it comes to GI health
- How do people typically get started with a FOMAPS elimination diet
- What are common roadblocks to look out for
- What you can do to prevent these roadblocks
- What are specific action steps you can take today to help your tummy (if you have GI issues)
- Danielle’s take on probiotics
- Additional recourses to ensure success
Danielle Capalino, MSPH, RD, CDN runs a private practice in Manhattan where she provides nutrition counseling services with a specialty in digestive health. She is a registered dietitian with a master’s degree in Public Health Nutrition from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. It was there that her passion for digestive health grew, and she completed independent projects – including her capstone with Dr. Gerard Mullin who integrates nutrition into his clinical practice. Danielle completed her undergraduate studies at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology with a degree in Brain and Cognitive Science. She is also a Certified Dietitian Nutritionist in the state of New York.