Today we’re talking with Cara Harbstreet, MS, RD, LD, a nationally-recognized food & nutrition expert, speaker, and author. She is based in Kansas City, where she owns and operates Street Smart Nutrition. After discovering her passion for a non-diet approach, she pivoted into private practice and consulting. Now, she works to help people rediscover joy in eating deeply nourishing meals without restriction or fear. Cara enjoys experimenting in the kitchen, exploring new restaurants, and roaming local trails while listening to podcasts. She’s also active on social media – be sure to connect with her to see updates and keep in touch!
In this episode, we’ll cover:
- Cara’s super informative tips for practicing intuitive eating during the holidays
- How to deal with the fear-mongering articles about avoiding holiday weight gain
- Navigating the (potentially triggering) weight-based comments that come up from our family members
- & MORE!
3 Ways You Can Support The Podcast:
- Support Our Sponsors Using Our Unique “HOOKUP” codes below
- Nurish Personalized Vitamin Packs
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Become a podcast sponsor:
Our podcast reaches thousands of engaged listeners each week. If you are a brand interested in becoming a sponsor, contact us to learn more about our affordable rates.
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheaven
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every Wednesday and each week we take a deep dive into topics like health at every size, food & culture, intuitive eating, mental health, and body acceptance. If you’re looking for a sustainable and inclusive path to wellness, come hang out with us to learn how to take care of yourself from the inside out.