Have you ever heard of a Doula? A midwife? Wondered what the difference is? Today we chat with our longtime friend Myriam Webb. She’s a Registered Dietitian, Doula, Business Owner and soon to be Registered Nurse with a passion for helping women of color in her community (basically, she’s a superhero). This episode is packed with details about her job as a doula, her advice for birth persons during their pregnancy, the issues with our healthcare system and its adverse effects on BIPOC, pelvic floor health and MORE!
In This Episode We’ll Cover:
- The differences between a doula and a midwife
- The Medical Industrial Complex
- Nutrition during pregnancy
- Institutional racism and its effect on maternal health
- The process of creating a birth plan
- Pelvic floor health & MORE!
- Myriam’s Website
- Myriam’s Instagram
- Myriam’s Newsletter
- All FoodHeaven listeners can get 50% off your initial enrollment for Myriam’s webinar series! Sign up via [email protected] and let her know you are a listener!
3 Ways You Can Support This Podcast:
- Support our sponsors using our unique ‘HOOKUP’ codes below
- For 20% off your first sip, go to www.drinkghia.com and use code ‘FOODHEAVEN’ at checkout.
- Ritual is offering our listeners 10% off your first three months. Visit Ritual.com/FOODHEAVEN For our resources and shownotes, visit foodheavenmadeeasy.com/podcast.
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Become a podcast sponsor:
Our podcast reaches thousands of engaged listeners each week. If you are a brand interested in becoming a sponsor, contact us to learn more about our affordable rates.
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheaven
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every Wednesday and each week we take a deep dive into topics like health at every size, food & culture, intuitive eating, mental health, and body acceptance. If you’re looking for a sustainable and inclusive path to wellness, come hang out with us to learn how to take care of yourself from the inside out.
Iris A McDuffie says
Really and truly loved this informational podcast. Myriam Webb, fellow RDN, excellent presentation. Very informative! Keep up the great work- much needed for women of color black and brown.
Thanks for tuning in!