Is it possible to be too obsessed with healthy eating?
Today we talk with non-diet dietitian Christy Harrison about a condition known as orthorexia, which is an unhealthy preoccupation with healthy eating.
Christy is the perfect person to talk to about this condition because she’s both a registered dietitian nutritionist and certified intuitive eating counselor. She’s also the host of the popular Food Psych Podcast, which explores people’s relationships with food and paths to body acceptance.
This is an episode you don’t want to miss!
In this episode we cover:
- Why being extremely “healthy” may not be a good thing
- What exactly orthorexia is and why it’s harmful for your mental and physical health
- How do you know if you (or a loved one) has orthorexia? What are patterns to look for?
- How social media may be part of the problem (and also part of the solution)
- How do you go about treating orthorexia
- What are 3 things you can start to do today to have a better relationship with food
- Christy’s Website
- Christy’s Online courses
- Intuitive eating coaching
- Food Psych Podcast
- Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
How to submit a question:It’s easy! Simply record your question on the voice memo of your phone and email it to us at email@example.com. We’ll try our best to answer your question on an upcoming episode (and we’ll be sure to email you when we feature your question).
Can you do us a huge favor? If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
How to subscribe:
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheavenshow
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every Wednesday. In each episode, we cover tips and tricks for making lifelong sustainable healthy living changes to upgrade your diet and health. We also interview leading experts in the field of health and nutrition to pick their brains on how to cultivate a healthy life that you love. We hope you enjoyed this episode, and we’ll catch you next time!