We’ve been wanting to cover fibroids for the longest time, and specifically wanted to interview a black woman on this topic since African-American women have a higher prevalence of fibroids, and experience more severe symptoms and unique concerns. We were SO happy to find Dr. Soyini Hawkins, a board-certified, fellowship-trained Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgeon.
In This Episode We’ll Cover:
- Whether or not black women have a higher prevalence of fibroids
- Symptoms of fibroids and how to find out if you have them
- Ways to manage fibroids via lifestyle changes and/or medical treatment
- How to decide when fibroid surgery is appropriate & MORE!
- Dr. Hawkins site: www.getfibroidhelp.com
- National Institute of Health
- The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
3 Ways You Can Support This Podcast:
- Support our sponsors using our unique ‘HOOKUP’ codes below
• Go to https://branchbasics.com/ and enter code foodheaven for 15% off starter kit
• Go to https://oseamalibu.com/
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Become a podcast sponsor:
Our podcast reaches thousands of engaged listeners each week. If you are a brand interested in becoming a sponsor, contact us to learn more about our affordable rates.
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheaven
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every Wednesday and each week we take a deep dive into topics like health at every size, food & culture, intuitive eating, mental health, and body acceptance. If you’re looking for a sustainable and inclusive path to wellness, come hang out with us to learn how to take care of yourself from the inside out.