Is it possible to use intuitive eating for chronic disease? There is a short answer and a long answer to this question.
The short answer: Yes.
The long answer? Well…you’ll have to tune into this week’s podcast episode for that one.
Today we are lucky to have Vincci Tsui joining us. Vincci is a former bariatric dietitian turned Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor and Health At Every Size® advocate dedicated to inclusive care for all. Aside from her private practice in Calgary, Canada, Vincci also serves as the Community & Content Associate for the popular Food Psych® podcast. In this episode, Vincci will explain intuitive eating and Health At Every Size strategies as it relates to living with Chronic Disease. This is a MUST LISTEN!
In this episode, we’ll talk about:
- How individuals with chronic diseases can eat more intuitively
- The differences between the weight-centric, weight-neutral and weight inclusive approaches
- What “Health At Every Size (HAES®)” means
- How practitioners can incorporate intuitive eating into their practice when working with people who have chronic conditions
- AND MUCH MORE!
SHOUT OUT TO OUR SPONSORS:
This episode is supported by Thrive Market. Sign up to receive 25% off your first order and a free 30 day membership! Shop all your favorite organic food, beauty, and wellness products at 25-50% off the retail price. Sign up today and see what makes Thrive Market so special.
Poshmark is the easiest way to buy & sell fashion items from millions of closets across America. Looking for Louis Vuitton, Chanel, or Michael Kors? Find these and hundreds of other brands right from your phone. Download the free app now and enter invite code FOODHEAVEN to get $5 off your first purchase!
- Vincci’s free eBook: ‘Stop the Food Fight, Start Making Food Peace: 7 Steps to Start Healing Your Relationship with Food and Your Body’
- Vincci’s Website
- Intuitive Eating with a Chronic Condition article series
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Become a podcast sponsor:
Our podcast reaches thousands of engaged listeners each week. If you are a brand interested in becoming a sponsor, contact us to learn more about our affordable rates.
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheaven
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every week. In each episode, we cover tips and tricks for making lifelong sustainable healthy living changes to upgrade your diet and health. We also interview leading experts in the field of health and nutrition. We hope you enjoyed this episode, and we’ll catch you next time!