Something as routine as looking in the mirror can feel very uncomfortable when struggling with body acceptance. In a world that encourages people to be consumed by appearance, it can be hard to figure out where to even begin when it comes to feeling at peace in your own body. Today we’re talking about what happens when you don’t like what you see in the mirror with Alissa Rumsey, registered dietitian, certified intuitive eating counselor, and food and body liberation coach.
In This Episode We’ll Cover:
- Signs of poor body image
- Why women tend to have a harder time with body acceptance
- Is body positivity always the answer?
- Ways to shift your mindset when negative body thoughts come up + MORE!
- Alissa’s Instagram
- Alissa’s Website
- Saucye West’s Instagram
- Saucye’s Mentioned Post Fight For Inclusivity
- List of Clothing Brands with Inclusive Sizing
3 Ways You Can Support This Podcast:
- Support our sponsors using our unique ‘HOOKUP’ codes HERE
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Become a podcast sponsor:
Our podcast reaches thousands of engaged listeners each week. If you are a brand interested in becoming a sponsor, contact us to learn more about our affordable rates.
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheaven
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every Wednesday and each week we take a deep dive into topics like health at every size, food & culture, intuitive eating, mental health, and body acceptance. If you’re looking for a sustainable and inclusive path to wellness, come hang out with us to learn how to take care of yourself from the inside out.
Leave a Reply