Did you know that periods are a vital sign? They tell us so much about what is happening in the body and can be used as an indicator for underlying conditions like endometriosis or fibroids. Today we’re diving deep into menstrual cycles with fertility physician Dr. Obehi Asemota. Dr. Asemota will be covering what happens during a normal menstrual cycle, the long term effects of birth control, what is considered normal for PMS and more.
In This Episode We’ll Cover:
- How the menstrual cycle works
- Signs that your menstrual cycle is not normal
- The myths surrounding birth control and fertility
- How the body changes as we approach menopause
- PMS & more!
3 Ways You Can Support This Podcast:
- Support our sponsors using our unique ‘HOOKUP’ codes below
- Visit katefarms.com and use the code, ‘wendyjess15’ to get 15% off your purchase!
- Go to theouai.com and use the code ‘FOODHEAVEN’ to get 15% off your entire purchase!
- Join Kelly Smith Trimble, gardening expert, and editor at HGTV.com as she answers commonly asked vegetable gardening questions on the podcast Dig It!
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Become a podcast sponsor:
Our podcast reaches thousands of engaged listeners each week. If you are a brand interested in becoming a sponsor, contact us to learn more about our affordable rates.
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheaven
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every Wednesday and each week we take a deep dive into topics like health at every size, food & culture, intuitive eating, mental health, and body acceptance. If you’re looking for a sustainable and inclusive path to wellness, come hang out with us to learn how to take care of yourself from the inside out.