So many people talk about feeling depressed, but what exactly is depression? Today we’re expanding on the clinical definitions for depression, what some of the signs are that you’re depressed and ways to support loved ones with depression. Joining us is Dr. Angela Neal-Barnett, national award-winning psychologist, professor and leading expert on anxiety disorders among Black Americans.
In This Episode We’ll Cover:
- The differences between ‘major’ & ‘persistent’ depression
- How the pandemic has contributed to the increase of depression globally
- Knowing when it’s time to get support
- What to do when you need treatment and you’re uninsured + MORE!
3 Ways You Can Support This Podcast:
- Support our sponsors using our unique ‘HOOKUP’ codes below
- Visit katefarms.com and use the code, ‘wendyjess15’ to get 15% off your purchase!
- Join Kelly Smith Trimble, gardening expert, and editor at HGTV.com as she answers commonly asked vegetable gardening questions on the podcast Dig It!
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Become a podcast sponsor:
Our podcast reaches thousands of engaged listeners each week. If you are a brand interested in becoming a sponsor, contact us to learn more about our affordable rates.
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheaven
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every Wednesday and each week we take a deep dive into topics like health at every size, food & culture, intuitive eating, mental health, and body acceptance. If you’re looking for a sustainable and inclusive path to wellness, come hang out with us to learn how to take care of yourself from the inside out.
Leave a Reply