I used to think the idea of sustainable fashion was out of my reach. Because…who can afford to spend $96 on a t-shirt?
This week’s podcast guest completely change my mind. I realized that sustainable clothing can actually be cheaper than fast fashion, and in some cases, free.
Today we’re talking about ethical style with Katie Pruett. Katie turned her love for people, storytelling, and fashion into Ethical Style Journal–a print and digital magazine for conscious fashion. The magazine was born from the idea that shopping sustainably should be fun and accessible. Tune in to hear our conversation with Katie on how to be a conscious consumer.
In this episode, we’ll talk about:
- How Katie got involved in ethical fashion
- Her process for creating her gorgeous magazine, Ethical Style Journal
- How sustainable clothing can be accessible to all, especially those who can’t afford a $96 t-shirt
- Why Katie chose to feature people of color within the sustainable fashion space
- The biggest misconception people have about sustainable fashion
- Katie’s personal approach to clothing/style PLUS her favorite ethical brands and go-to fabrics
- Tips for someone who wants to be more sustainable with fashion but doesn’t know where to start and doesn’t have a huge budget
- & MORE!
SHOUT OUT TO OUR SPONSORS:
Looking for the perfect Women’s multivitamin? From D3 to Omega 3, Ritual’s Essential for Women fills the gaps in a woman’s diet, all with a fresh minty flavor, and no fishy aftertaste. Plus, Ritual has obsessively researched and tracked the source of every ingredient to give you the peace of mind that other multivitamins can’t. Click this link or visit ritual.com/FOODHEAVEN to try it out!
Four Sigmatic Mushroom Coffee with Chaga and Lion’s Mane is the go-to morning beverage to support productivity, focus, and creativity. It’s perfect to kickstart your morning or power through your workday at the office or at home. Get 15% off by using this link and entering the code “foodheaven” at checkout.
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Become a podcast sponsor:
Our podcast reaches thousands of engaged listeners each week. If you are a brand interested in becoming a sponsor, contact us to learn more about our affordable rates.
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheaven
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every week. In each episode, we cover tips and tricks for making lifelong sustainable healthy living changes to upgrade your diet and health. We also interview leading experts in the field of health and nutrition. We hope you enjoyed this episode, and we’ll catch you next time!