Hey everybody! Welcome to another episode of the Food Heaven Podcast. Today we’re getting into weight loss. We get so many patients, and listeners too, who hit us up about wanting to live a little healthier- and the focus of the conversation usually starts with weight loss. A lot of people equate being healthy with losing weight. There seems to be this culture of weight obsession, especially among women, and a lot of times it’s not conducive to developing sustainable lifestyle habits. So today we’re going to talk a bit about weight as it relates to health and get into our approach to living your healthiest, best life
In this episode, we will cover:
- Why we need to stop using BMI and Ideal Body Weight as markers of health
- Factors such as genetics, metabolism, activity, health conditions, and medications, that affect weight
- Why having a weight loss-centered approach is not conducive to developing long-term lifestyle changes
- What the research has to say about weight loss-centered approaches
- Our approach to developing a healthy life you love
- Things you can do at home to shift your focus from weight loss to a lifestyle that works for you
- & MORE!
- American Academy of Pediatrics statement that doctors should not recommend weight loss diets to children and adolescents
- Weight loss related to increased risks of eating disorders and don’t result in better health.
- Why You Should Get Rid Of Your Scale
How to submit a question:
It’s easy! Simply record your question on the voice memo of your phone and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll try our best to answer your question on an upcoming episode (and we’ll be sure to email you when we feature your question).
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheavenshow
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every Wednesday. In each episode, we cover tips and tricks for making lifelong sustainable healthy living changes to upgrade your diet and health. We also interview leading experts in the field of health and nutrition to pick their brains on how to cultivate a healthy life that you love. We hope you enjoyed this episode, and we’ll catch you next time!