Disclosure: This post is sponsored by ALDI. Thank you for supporting the work we’re doing at Food Heaven!
Raise your hand if the holidays are looking different in your household this year? *Hand goes up*
I’ve actually been pretty bummed that I’m not going to be able to celebrate with most of my family in person. Just last year, I was having a Michael Jackson dance off with my 13-old-nephew. Now, Ihaven’t seen my family in person for MONTHS.
Since this is the first time we’ve been physically apart for the holidays, we’re going to have to get creative. The good news is, that while the holidays may be different this year, that doesn’t mean that
the season can’t be festive.
Last week I filmed a TV segment with ALDI showcasing how they have all of the holiday essentials you love, including gourmet cheeses, seasonal beverages and tasty treats. Plus, you’ll be able to stretch your budget and shop safely at ALDI (either online, in person, or with their newly expanded curbside pickup)
Looking for festive DIY gifting ideas, here are a few:
- Wine with a wow factor: Purchase a bottle of ALDI-exclusive wine, wrap it in cellophane and tie with festive red ribbon.
- Cookie platter: Purchase a variety of seasonal and core cookies to create a festive platter. OR host a holiday cookie decorating party on zoom (BRILLIANT)
- Hot cocoa cups: Create a gift basket with all the necessary ingredients to make homemade hot chocolate
- Date night in: Gather all ingredients you need to make your favorite at-home feast and gift it to a friend.
- Homemade dog treats: Use pantry and seasonal ingredients to create dog treats for your furry friends
I’m curious, will you be spending the holidays with your extended family and/or friends this year? Or are you limiting it to your household? If you are limiting your holidays to your household, let us know how you plan to make it festive.
Whatever you decide, try ALDI and share your experience using the hashtag #ALDIove. Locate the ALDI store closest to you here.
Leave a Reply