Do you feel more pressured to exercise during quarantine? You may find yourself forcing a workout because you’re scared to gain weight or see your body composition change. Today we’re talking with social justice activist and accessible yoga teacher Dianne Bondy about finding joy in movement, especially during stressful times.
Dianne Bondy is a social justice activist, author, accessible yoga teacher, and the leader of the Yoga For All movement. Her inclusive approach to yoga empowers anyone to practice—regardless of their shape, size, ethnicity, or level of ability. Dianne is revolutionizing yoga by educating yoga instructors around the world on how to make their classes welcoming and safe for all kinds of practitioners.
In This Episode We’ll Cover:
- Ways to make movement more inclusive and enjoyable
- How to separate weight loss and unrealistic body expectations from exercise
- Things people who don’t enjoy exercise can do to get moving in a more joyful way
- How to incorporate body respect into our movement routines + MORE!
- Dianne’s IG
- SELF Mag Joy in Movement article
- Rediscovering Joy in Movement article
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Become a podcast sponsor:
Our podcast reaches thousands of engaged listeners each week. If you are a brand interested in becoming a sponsor, contact us to learn more about our affordable rates.
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheaven
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every Wed and each week we take a deep dive into topics like health at every size, food & culture, intuitive eating, mental health, and body acceptance. If you’re looking for a sustainable and inclusive path to wellness, come hang out with us to learn how to take care of yourself from the inside out.