Did you know that you SHOULDN’T use coconut oil on your face?
I bet your mind is blown.
Because so many of us use coconut oil on our face and body every day. But this week’s podcast guest, board-certified dermatological surgeon, Dr. Michelle Henry, says that coconut oil on your skin is a no-go.
Dr. Henrry explains: “Whenever a patient comes in with a ton of blackheads, I always ask them: are you using coconut oil?”
In this week’s episode, we talk about ALL things black and brown skincare, including: what’s the best type of oil for your skin, how many times per day you should be washing your face, what the science actually says about nutrition & acne, and whether or not a washcloth is truly needed (Dr. Henry says this may be more of a cultural question than a scientific one…Ha!)
And we know what you’re thinking, you don’t need to worry about skin health because “black don’t crack” and “Angela Basset”. But the truth is, there are PROS and CONS to having darker skin.
This episode completely changes our skincare routines, and you NEED. TO. LISTEN.
In this episode, we’ll talk about:
- Which foods keep our skin flourishing
- The best products to help maintain healthy skin
- What inspired Dr. Michelle Henry to get into the field of dermatology
- Nutrition advice for people with skin issues
- How we can prep our skin for the cooler and warmer months
- & MORE!
- Dr. Michelle Henry’s Website
- Dr. Michelle’s top 5 skin products right now: Cleanser: Mario Badescu Foaming Glycolic Acid | Toner: Biologique Recherché P50 lotion | Moisturizer: Skin Better Science Trio moisturizer | Vitamin C Serum: Clinique Fresh Pressed | Retinol: Skin Medica Retinol 0.025
SHOUT OUT TO OUR PODCAST SPONSORS:
Want counseling but have trouble finding someone who can relate? Connect with over 3000 licensed therapists on your own time and at your own pace. Visit BetterHelp.com/HEAVEN for 10% off BetterHelp’s affordable counseling services.
Looking to take the guesswork out of dinner? Green Chef is a USDA Certified Organic company that makes eating well easy and affordable with plans to fit every kind of lifestyle. Visit Greenchef.us/FOODHEAVEN for $50 off your first box of Green Chef’s wholesome meals!
Can you do us a huge favor?
If you enjoyed this episode, please do us a huge favor and leave us a review on iTunes ….right now. The more reviews we get, the higher we are ranked in iTunes, which means we reach more people!
Become a podcast sponsor:
Our podcast reaches thousands of engaged listeners each week. If you are a brand interested in becoming a sponsor, contact us to learn more about our affordable rates.
Connect with us online:
- Instagram @foodheaven
- Twitter @foodheavenshow
- Facebook @foodheavenmadeeasy
- Pinterest @foodheavenmadeeasy
Our podcast is released every week. In each episode, we cover tips and tricks for making lifelong sustainable healthy living changes to upgrade your diet and health. We also interview leading experts in the field of health and nutrition. We hope you enjoyed this episode, and we’ll catch you next time!