1. Turmeric is a great way to up the flavor on meals. This will decrease the amount of salt that needs to be added when cooking. Curry powders are rich in turmeric, along with a blend of other spices, which provide a plethora of health benefits.
2. Turmeric is rich in curcumin, which has been shown to have anti-carcinogenic, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial effects. Curcumin also plays a role in the distribution of fat throughout the body, and may lower one’s risk for developing visceral fat accumulation.
3. Turmeric has powerful anti-oxidant properties, which can help fight cancer-causing free radicals.
4. This flavorful spice is incredibly affordable! It also lasts for long periods of time in the food pantry.
5. Turmeric is a multi-purpose spice. In India, it is commonly used for treating a variety of skin ailments including acne, eczema, and rosacea.