1. Tell us a bit about yourself? My name is Jasmin Foster and I am from Jacksonville, FL. For the last 2 and half years I have been working as a dietitian in Washington, DC. I manage a skilled nursing/rehabilitation unit and a long term care floor. In addition, I work part time at another facility managing a smaller skilled unit. When I am not working at either nursing home, I am in my kitchen developing recipes, cooking, and building my own blog Mash & Spread. Over the last couple of years, I have gained a passion for photography. I love to inspire others to make conscious decisions that lead to a healthy, balanced way of life.
2. What’s your favorite part about being a dietitian? My favorite part about being a dietitian is being able to see progress in the residents that I work with. I have the opportunity to build a relationship and follow residents for an extended period of time on the skilled floor and even longer in long term care.
3. Describe what your typical week looks like? My week is filled with lots of work. During the day I am at my full time job and work part time on evenings and weekends. I dedicate time to my blog Mash & Spread in-between (mostly nights off and early mornings before work.
4. How do you find balance between work & personal? Both of my jobs are very flexible, allowing me the freedom to work at my own pace. Communication with both of my employers is important. I have to plan out my week to make sure I’m on top of everything and leave room for a social life.
5. What are 3 foods you can’t live without? Mangos, pancakes, and sushi
Thanks so much Jasmin! If you want to learn more about what Jasmin is doing, go check her and her beautiful recipes out at Mash & Spread. Make sure to follow her on the gram too! xo